Wednesday, January 21, 2015

8 is GREAT!!! Kade's baptism

We can't believe Kade is already 8. When kids are born we wonder what they will be like when they are this old and what the day will be like. I am grateful he is turning into such a great "young man". Most of the time he tries really hard to do what he is suppose to. I am grateful when he usually learns something he remembers it. He does his best to be a good be brother and example to his little brother. Sometimes he thinks it is unfair when they don't have to do something and he does. I tell him it is just part of being the oldest. He is very responsible. I know I can usually trust him.
 
Once we woke up we hurried to get dressed and catch the shuttle to, of course, the Wynn for our favorite breakfast buffet (even though I felt like a million things to do for the baptism that I didn't get done because of our last minute trip to Hong Kong). We met our friends the Dyers there so they could celebrate with us. It was a great start for the day!!
 
Trying to pop some bubbles that was floating in the air.
 
 
Kyle blowing his own bubble, again.
 


While we were waiting for the Dyers the boys thought it was fun to sit by this huge pond in front of the Wynn.
 


After breakfast we hurried home so I could make sure everything was ready for Kade's baptism. I really wanted everything to be nice and memorable for him and for all of the friends who were taking time out of their day to come to it. I am grateful for etsy. I found all of the printables on there. Kyle, Connor and I left a little bit earlier so we could get to the church and set everything up. Our driver, Graham, came to pick us up. He also owns a party supply company so he was able to bring the balloons with him. Before we headed to the church we first had to stop and pick up all of the cookies and cupcakes from Macau Sweet Ideas.
 
When we arrived at the church and unloaded everything I started to feel a little overwhelmed. Gratefully there were sisters there that helped me set everything up. I am so incredibly grateful for their help. I would not have been done in time without their help. I thought the missionaries were going to be there early enough to fill up the font. They called early us early morning and told us we would have to do it because they had to attend another branches event. Again, I am grateful for Sister Michelle. She and I were able to figure out how to get the water going. I am positive the water was not warm enough even though I had the hot water on all the way. We did have to clean out a couple cockroaches out of the font before we turned on the water. That would have been yucky to have dead cockroaches floating in the water. :( I forgot to check on the water. Luckily once the water reaches a certain point it drains out.
 
All set up and ready to start. I think I am finally dressed too. :) In the background is where we have sacrament each week. It is definitely not like the chapel we are use to in Las Vegas, but it still so nice to have somewhere to partake of the sacrament and renew our covenants. Kade was able to Facetime with Grandma and Grandpa in Las Vegas right before everyone started arriving. It made me want to cry because I was always excited to have all of our family together (great grandparents, Roy and Starr, my dad, all of their uncles and aunt, little Aubrey and some of our close LDS and non-member friends). However, this is a day Kade will probably never forget. When people talk about their baptism day he will probably have an easier time remembering it because he was able to be baptized in Macau and was still surrounded by many of our great friends.  
 




CTR cookies
 


"8 is Great" and "Congratulations Kade" cupcakes
 


 
As everyone entered one of the first things they saw was this table. I found this cute tree paper where everyone who attended could put their fingerprint on it and then sign their name. I am sure everyone had or green or blue ink on their finger for a few days. There were also little square pieces of paper that said "Congratulations Kade" on it. Everyone was able to write Kade a little message.
 



A few sisters brought desserts too. Gerard and his girls brought brownies. Yummy!
 

 

I love this picture. I saw it at Deseret Book and I had to buy it because it reminds me of the boys. It is very coincidental that the oldest boys name tag says "Elder Johnson" on it. Elder Hafen thought we meant to put it on there.
 








Thanks to Grandma for sending these "8 is Great" balloons, even if half of them were gone because a couple of little boys thought they were to play with.
 


The Le's. They live at One Grantai and Eric works with Stanford. We are grateful they were able to make it. It took them 40 minutes to get a taxi.
 


Connor already taking his tie off.
 

 
Me trying to fix it.
 

 Eric and Kade ready and excited for his baptism.
 

Kade and his friend Henry.
 


 
 

Waiting for everything to get started.
 





After the Le's arrived everyone sat down and the baptism program started. In this picture is Elder Hafen. He gave the talk on baptism. We admire this missionary so much. He is just such a great kid.
 


During the talk Cam thought it was already time grab stuff off of the dessert table. I could not relax and sit because of this little guy. Thankfully, our friend Julie was out with her little baby girl and watched him for me. I remember feeling I needed to take this all in because this is one of those moments I really wanted to remember and enjoy. I am never going to get it back.
 

 
I didn't know someone was taking pictures, but our friend Ryan (who the boys totally admire) was. Adam is on the left and Gerard is on the right. You can see me telling Kyle to sit down. I had no idea Connor had been standing up until I saw this picture.
 



 
When I was planning the program I kept thinking what am I going to have everyone do while Eric and Kade were changing. I decided to show some videos from songs on the Mormon Channel, "I am a Child of God", "Families are Forever" and another one. Watching all three was just long enough. Afterwards friends said it was a good idea because there was no awkward silence or distraction from the Spirit. After they were dressed Sister Precy gave the talk on the Holy Ghost and Ashley and Courtney sang a song, "My Covenant Path".
 

Eric giving Kade the Holy Ghost. I am so grateful for a husband who is worthy to hold the priesthood and is able to perform these sacred ordinances.
 



Jessica, the Primary president, welcoming Kade to primary and giving an explanation about scouts and the "Faith in God" program.
 


After the program is over.
 



Having dessert.
 


 
Cam taking his share of the ice cream.
 
 
 


Some friends from the branch (Sister Eva, the Alayons, Sister Tess, Sister Michelle, Ryan, Sister Vera, Sister Jean-I am sad to say I don't know two of the sisters in this picture).
 

 
Sister Nedy (YW President) and Brother Glen
 


Eric thought it would be fun to get a kissing shot.
 


Sister Marietta and Cam
 


Ryan and the boys
 



 
Sister Chit and I


This is Sister Eva. She made sure everything was completely cleaned up after everything was done. She swept and mopped the floors, helped me take everything down. She is just an amazingly incredible lady. We are grateful for her sweet, kind and generous spirit. She loves to bring the boys a special treat every Sunday too. We love her!!
 


Sister Cox and Sister Law (in the background is Courtney, Ashley, Simon-Henry and Will's dad, Will, Elder Hui, Elder Hafen and the back of Sister Jean)
 


Adam and Sister Precy (in the background-Sister Nedy, Brother Glen and Sister Aurora)
 


Sister Marietta and Sister Eva (background-Ashley and Sister Aurora)
 

 
Ashley and Courtney
 


 
Proud daddy and Kade
 




Right when we were cleaning up I remembered I really wanted to have a family picture taken. Everybody thought it would be great to have it taken in front of the baptismal font. Cam did not want to be in the picture. We had to force him by us and then hold on to him real tight. There was at least 10 people behind the camera trying to get everyone to look at the camera, especially Cam.
 


You can see Eric and I holding on to Cam so he won't run away.
 







He looks so happy and proud in these pictures.
 

 
We are so grateful for everyone that was able to make it and for everyone that was there in spirit. I am grateful the Spirit was there. I know that when something special is going to happen Satan will work really hard to do what he can to stop it. However, when we have faith and trust and do all we can everything will fall into place. Everything will work out! I am so grateful for Kade and the decision he made to be baptized.
 
Kade's Memories
 
I felt happy,sad,cool and excited. I remember Henry giving me a present.
 
Kade's Testimony
 
I know this church is true. I know that God loves us. I know that Jesus and Heavenly Father loves the bad guys. I love my family. I know my family loves me and we have a home. I know we can love each other in our house. I know Jesus died for us. I am grateful for the temple and for churches. I know we can love one another and be kind. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment