Sunday, June 19, 2016

More Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day fun....

Since the boys and husbands had time off we decided to have breakfast at th Wynn with our really good friends the Bowens. They serious are the best! Living in Macau without them would not be the same. We cannot say enough how much we appreciate them and their friendship. Almost every time Will and Cam see each other they give each other a big hug. 

All 6 boys. 



 Parents of this energetic crew. 





 After breakfast we went home had a nap and then went to see how the park was decorated for Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day. 

Here is Cam walking into another famous temple where people go to worship and burn incense. 


Street on the way to the park through Old Taipa. 


Entrance to the park. 



















People were writing Chinese New Year wishes on these papers then hanging them on this board. 



This half of the park had a bunch of Valentine decorations. The boys are so silly with hearts and "lovey" stuff right now. 


Kade and Connor decided they were done with pictures, so Cam and Kyle are mostly in the rest. 






They are waiting for their princess to come rescue them. Lol! 






I remember posting on Facebook how I really despise Valentine's Day. It is one of my least favorite holidays. However, these five help me enjoy it more than I thought I would. 


A display in the clubhouse. 




We hope everyone had a very loving and happy Valentine's Day!!

Side note....during Chinese New Year people really like to light firecrackers. It is part of the New Year ritual. Another part of the ritual is burning incense. They do this for businesses One day as I was standing outside the grocery store I was waiting for taxi to come by to take me to the school to pick up Cam. While I was waiting I all of a sudden heard "pop, Pop, pop". It literally scared the crap out of. I am pretty sure everyone close by was laughing because of how I jumped. When I looked around I noticed it was just one of the business owners doing their new year ritual. During this time of year we hear a lot of fireworks going off, so you would think I would be used to it. Nope, not this time. However, whenever I heard the sound later I knew exactly what it was and wasn't really scared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment