Thursday, July 2, 2015

Limo Rides and Sister Aurora

Lately our driver has been picking us in a limo. At first it was really fun, but now we are worried about what it looks like to the rest of the church members. Here are some more pictures of the boys. I told them they should feel lucky to ride in a limo. I hadn't rode in a limo until I was 16. I am pretty sure we have now rode in a limo more here in just the last few months than I have my entire life put together.
 
Eric and I.
 


 
Cam had to do a cheesy grin just like Connor.
 
 
Here is what it looks like at night after we exit from the church. Our good friend Ryan took this picture. He wanted to ride home with us. :)
 
Ryan Galdonez's photo.
 
Here he is inside the limo with Kade and Connor.
 

Ryan Galdonez's photo.

This is Sister Aurora. When we first moved here I really did not think she liked us. Whenever I would have to take Cam out of sacrament she would give me this really serious look. By the time she left when I needed to take Cam out she would look at me with understanding and love. As we got to know her we found out she is one of the kindest, most loving, trustworthy, friendliest, at times very blunt person. She has an incredibly strong testimony and is somebody I knew I could trust when I had questions. She has lived here in Macau for a long time (about 15 years). She was one of the sisters who always showed to choir practice on time and ready to go. She was baptized about 15 years ago when Macau had only one branch. All of the members gathered together regardless of the language they spoke. Every Saturday night there is a branch FHE at 8 p.m. On the Saturday before she left FHE was also turned into a going away party for her. I am so grateful for the opportunity our family has had to meet this wonderful lady. I know she is doing what she needs to be doing. The biggest reason she left Macau is so she could go back to the Philippines to work out some things before she completed her mission papers. She really wants to serve a mission. I told her of my experience when my Grandpa and Grandma Thompson were on a mission at the Washington D.C. temple. I told her it will be an incredible experience for her and she will touch the lives of many, just like she has here in Macau. We love you and will miss you dearly.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment